All the legal stuff and policies to make sure you, as our customer and pet pawrent, are looked after.
This website has been created to provide users with a pleasant and efficient browsing and shopping experience. However, bugs can creep in from time to time and we advise that the website is used entirely at your own risk.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Njom Njoms, and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss, damage or injury including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website or the products it sells.
Through this website, you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Absolute Pets. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Njom Njoms takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This policy applies to all visitors to our website and customers who have ordered the goods we provide (“you” and “your”).
2. Purpose of this policy
We respect your privacy and take the protection of personal information very seriously. The purpose of this policy is to describe the way we collect, store, use, and protect information that can be associated with a specific natural or juristic person and can be used to identify that person (“personal information”).
3. Personal information
Personal information includes:
- certain information collected on registration (see below); and
- optional information that you provide to us voluntarily (see below);
- information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person;
- permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically; and
- non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us and information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum including any blog, chat room, community, classifieds or discussion board. Because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute personal information subject to protection under this policy.
4. Acceptance of terms
4.1 Acceptance required
You must accept all the terms of this policy when you order any of our goods. If you do not agree with anything in this policy, then you may not order any of our goods.
4.2 Legal capacity
You may not access our website or order our goods if you are younger than 18 years old or do not have legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts.
4.3 Deemed acceptance
By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all its terms.
We may change the terms of this policy at any time. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website or by email. If you do not agree with the change you must stop using the website. If you continue to use the website following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted such terms.
We collect certain information: on registration, when you register on our website; from your web browser; from cookies we may send to your computer and from web beacons on our website to track how you use our website and to try and give you a personalised experience; and optional information, that you provide when you upload or download content from our website or when you enter competitions, take advantage of promotions, or respond to surveys.
6.1 On registration
Once you register on our website, you will no longer be anonymous to us as you will provide us with personal information. This personal information will include:
- your name, surname, company name, company registration number, and VAT number;
- your postal address, email address, telephone number, and postal code;
- your username and password; and
- your credit card number.
6.2 Collection on order
When you order any goods from us, you will be asked to provide us with additional information on a voluntary basis (“goods information”), like your contact details and delivery address.
6.3 Optional details
You may also provide additional information to us on a voluntary basis (“optional information”). This includes content or products that you decide to upload or download from our website or when you enter competitions, take advantage of promotions, respond to surveys, order certain additional goods, or otherwise use the optional features and functionality of the website.
We may place small text files called ‘cookies’ on your device when you visit our website. These files do not contain personal information, but they do contain a personal identifier allowing us to associate your personal information with a certain device. These files serve a number of useful purposes for you, including:
- granting you access to age restricted content;
- tailoring our website’s functionality to you personally by letting us remember your preferences;
- improving how our website performs;
- allowing third parties to provide services to our website; and
- helping us deliver targeted advertising where appropriate in compliance with applicable laws.
6.5 Collection from browser
6.6 Third party cookies
6.7 Web beacons
Our website may contain electronic image requests (called a “single-pixel gif” or “web beacon” request) that allow us to count page views and to access cookies. Any electronic image viewed as part of a web page (including an ad banner) can act as a web beacon. Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor or share any of your personal information. We merely use them to compile anonymous information about our website.
6.8 Recording calls
We may monitor and record any telephone calls that you make to us, unless you specifically request us not to.
6.9 Purpose for collection
We may use any goods information and optional information that you provide to us for the purposes that you indicated when you agreed to provide it to us. We may use your usage information for the purposes described above and to:
- remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the website;
- monitor website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and
- track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities in connection with your usage of the website.
7. Consent to collection
We will obtain your consent to collect personal information:
- in accordance with applicable law; and
- when you provide us with any registration information or optional information.
We may use your information: to send you administrative messages and email updates to you regarding the website; for marketing purposes; or for targeted content in certain, specified instances. We may use your personal information to fulfil our obligations to you.
8.1 Messages and updates
We may send administrative messages and email updates to you about the website. In some cases, we may also send you primarily promotional messages. You can choose to opt-out of promotional messages.
8.2 Targeted content
While you are logged into the website, we may display targeted adverts and other relevant information based on the personal information. In a completely automated process, computers process the personal information and match it to adverts or related information. We never share personal information with any advertiser, unless you specifically provide us with your consent to do so. Advertisers receive a record of the total number of impressions and clicks for each advert. They do not receive any personal information. If you click on an advert, we may send a referring URL to the advertiser’s website identifying that a customer is visiting from the website. We do not send personal information to advertisers with the referring URL. Once you are on the advertiser’s website however, the advertiser is able to collect your personal information.
We might disclose your information in the specific circumstances mentioned in this policy.
We may share your personal information with:
- other divisions or companies within the group of companies to which we belong so as to provide joint content and services like registration, for transactions and customer support, to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about our products, services, and communications (they will only use this information to send you marketing communications if you have requested their goods or services);
- our goods suppliers or service providers under contract who help supply certain goods or help with parts of our business operations, including fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services (our contracts dictate that these goods suppliers or service providers only use your information in connection with the goods they supply or services they perform for us and not for their own benefit);
- credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law; and
- banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (in the event that you utilise the services to receive payments and you meet their criteria).
If you contact us regarding your experience with using any of our products, we may disclose your personal information as required by law or governmental audit.
9.3 Law enforcement
We may disclose personal information if required:
- by a subpoena or court order;
- to comply with any law;
- to protect the safety of any individual or the general public; and
- to prevent violation of our customer relationship terms.
9.4 No selling
9.5 Marketing purposes
We may disclose aggregate statistics (information about the customer population in general terms) about the personal information to advertisers or business partners.
We may need to disclose personal information to our employees that require the personal information to do their jobs.
9.7 Change of ownership
If we undergo a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to, another entity, we may assign our rights to the personal information we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. We will disclose the transfer on the website. If you are concerned about your personal information migrating to a new owner, you may request us to delete your personal information.
10. Security of personal information
Our hosting company will host our website in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. We authorise access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities.
11. Accurate and up to date
We will try to keep the personal information we collect as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes explicitly defined in this policy. From time to time we may request you to update your personal information on the website. You are able to review or update any personal information that we hold on you by accessing your account online, by emailing us, or by phoning us. Please note that in order to better protect you and safeguard your personal information, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account or making any corrections to your personal information.
12. Retention of personal information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless:
- retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to the retention of the record.
During the period of retention, we will continue to abide by our non-disclosure obligations and will not share or sell your personal information.
13. Transfer of personal information outside South Africa
We may transmit or transfer personal information outside South Africa to a foreign country. Personal information may be stored on servers located outside South Africa in a foreign country whose laws protecting personal information may not be as stringent as the laws in South Africa. You consent to us processing your personal information in a foreign country whose laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent.
14. Updating or removing
You may choose to correct or update the personal information you have submitted to us, by clicking the relevant menu in any of the pages on our website.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third party websites.
Terms & Conditions
These are the general terms of the relationship between you (website visitor) and us (website owner). The terms cover all use of this website. You agree to the terms by visiting and using this website.
We are the owner of this website, these are our legal terms, and you agree to them by visiting this website.
2. Definitions and interpretation
In the agreement:
terms means the terms, consisting of:
- any other relevant specific terms, policies, disclaimers, rules and notices agreed between the parties, (including any that may be applicable to a specific section or module of the website);
we, us, or our means Njom Njoms (Pty) Ltd (Registration number: 2020/250133/07), the owner of the website. It includes our officers, agents, employees, owners, co-branders and associates where the terms limit or exclude our liability; you or your means any visitor to this website, including any other person, website, business, or agent (including any virtual or robotic agent) associated with the visitor.
If the meaning of any general terms conflicts with any other relevant specific terms, the specific terms will apply. Specific terms apply to a specific section of the website or have been specifically agreed between you and us.
3. Use of this website
We grant you a limited licence to use this website on these terms. We may cancel your licence at any time for any reason. Your licence is automatically cancelled if you do not get our written permission before using this website in a way these terms do not allow.
We grant you a limited licence to use this website.
If you breach any of the terms or infringe any other person’s rights (including copyright), we may cancel your licence, block you from using the website, claim specific performance or damages against you and take any other steps the law allows, without affecting our rights.
We may cancel your licence and take other steps if you breach any of these terms.
3.3 Framing and linking
You may not frame this website or any of its pages. You may only link to the home page of this website. You may not deep link (link to any other page) or link in any way that could suggest that we endorse or support you, or that you have any rights in our website or intellectual property, unless we have given you permission to do so.
You may not frame this website or link to any sub-pages.
3.4 Virtual agents
You may not use any technology (including spiders, crawlers, bots, and similar virtual agents) to search or gain any information from this website, unless we have given you permission to do so.
You may not crawl this website without our permission.
You promise that you are entitled to visit this website and agree to the terms because you:
- are at least 18 (or regarded as legally adult), and have the legal right and capacity to do so; or
- are not 18 yet, but have permission from your parent (or legal guardian) to do so.
You agree to these terms on the basis that you have the capacity to visit this website.
5. Accurate information
You promise that you will only give accurate information to us and this website.
You promise that you will give this website only accurate information.
6. Intellectual property
Except as provided to the contrary in the agreement, all right, title, interest, and ownership (including all rights under all copyright, patent, and other intellectual property laws) in, to, or of this website are our sole property or will vest in us or a third party licensor. All moral rights are reserved.
We or our third party licensors own all rights in this website.
6.2 Trade marks
Our logo and sub-logos, marks, and trade names are our trade marks and no person may use them without our permission. Any other trademark or trade name that may appear on our marketing material is the property of its respective owner.
All our trade marks are our property and you may not use them without our permission. All other trade marks are their respective owners’ property.
Except as expressly permitted under the agreement, the website may not be:
- modified or used to make derivative works;
- rented, leased, loaned, sold or assigned;
- reverse engineered or copied; or
- reproduced or distributed.
You may not change, hire out, reverse engineer, or copy this website without our permission.
7. Limits to our liability
7.1 Own Risk
We provide the website “as is”. We do not give any express or implied warranty or make any other promise about this website. For example, we do not warrant that it is good quality, fit for any particular purpose, accurate, complete, up-to-date, legally effective or secure. We also do not warrant that it is free of latent defects, errors, malicious software or infringing content, or that you will have quiet or uninterrupted use of it.
You use this website at your own risk and we make no warranties about it
You indemnify (or promise to protect) us against any claim, demand, loss, damage, cost, or liability (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) related to your use of this website.
You indemnify us against any liability related to your use of this website.
We will do our best to fix any fault in this website as soon as reasonably practical after we find out about it. This is the limit of our responsibility and liability for any fault in the website.
7.4 Direct damages
If the previous clause does not apply for any reason, our maximum liability to you for all claims for direct damages is R100. This limit applies whether a claim is based on contract, delict (tort) or any other legal cause of action.
Our maximum liability to you for all claims for direct damages related to this website is R100.
7.5 Indirect damages
We will never be responsible for any indirect or consequential damages or losses, even if we should have foreseen them. These may include any loss of profit, loss of goodwill, loss of use or damages related to lost or damaged data.
We will never be responsible for any indirect damages.
7.6 Other websites
We are not responsible for anyone else’s website.
8.1 Entire agreement
The terms are the entire agreement between the parties on the subject.
8.2 Changes to website
We may change or stop publishing this website without notice and will not be responsible for any consequences.
8.3 Changes to terms
We may change the terms by placing a notice on this website. If you do not agree with the change, you must stop using this website or the changed terms will apply to you.
We may change any of these terms at any time by updating this web page.
8.4 Facts about website
If an administrator of this website signs a letter confirming any fact related to the website, that letter is conclusive proof of its contents. These may include the version of the terms that apply to any dispute, or what content or functions the website had at a particular time or date.
We do not ever waive (give up) our rights, even if we allow you any favour or extension of time, or we delay enforcing our rights against you.
Any term that is invalid, illegal, or cannot be enforced must be regarded as deleted. The remaining terms continue as intended.
8.7 Law and jurisdiction
South African law and conditions (such as time and date) govern the terms. Only the South African courts may decide any dispute about the terms.
Delivery Terms and Fees
1. Delivery Charges
Njom Njoms has partnered with The Courier Guy to ship locally (Gauteng) and nationally within South Africa.
Local deliveries (within Gauteng) within the basic volumetric size start at R80.00. This includes all orders that fit into a 50 x 40 x 30 cm box or 15kg – whichever is reached first. Orders larger than this will go up in R15 increments. Our shipping calculator will work this out for you once your shipping details are plugged in. Very small orders that can fit into an A3 flybag are R60.00 – if you believe your order will fit into this size and the shipping calculator has not worked this out for you, you’re welcome to mail us about it with your order details.
National deliveries work on the same principle but starting at R125.00. This includes all orders that fit into a 50 x 40 x 30 cm box or 15kg – whichever is reached first. Orders larger than this will go up in R15 increments. Our shipping calculator will work this out for you once your shipping details are plugged in.
Remote areas may be liable for additional charges as stipulated by our courier partner but otherwise follow the same formula as national deliveries.
From time to time the shipping calculator may over or under charge. It is your responsibility as the customer to query this charge with us before paying. Paying the full shipping amount is an acceptance for the shipping charge as is.
2. How long will my order take to arrive?
During lockdown we have very limited paws available to prepare products and pack orders. We will only be dispatching orders once a week, typically on a Wednesday. By doing this, we are also reducing our social interactions and so assisting in “flattening the curve”.
Once collected by our courier partner, local orders (Gauteng) can be expected as next day delivery. Cape Town, Durban and other major hubs takes around 2-3 days for delivery and outlying areas around 3-5 days. For remote areas please allow up to 10 working days for your delivery to reach you.
Once in the care of the courier, you can track your order through the parcel tracking portal supplied by The Courier Guy, with your waybill number.
Njom Njoms will send your shipping confirmation and waybill number when your order is booked in with the courier.
We aim to delight our customers by delivering orders in the quickest possible time. However, as a small operation, delays may be expected during peak times like month end, pay day, during promotions and specials or due to any other unforeseen circumstance that affects the capacity of Njom Njoms to prepare orders.
If your order requires urgent delivery, please make us aware by getting in contact with your order details.
Stock Shortages and Lead Times
Should a product you have ordered be:
- On order items, you will be notified by the website of certain ranges that are “on order”. This means we do not keep stock on hand and the items are only put into production once a confirmed order is received for them. On order items have a minimum lead time of 2 weeks.
- On back order, you will be notified by the website if an item is on back order. This means that the item is not immediately available but is in process of becoming available again soon. By including this item in your order, you accept any delays in delivery of your order as a whole within reason. Delays longer than a 7 working day will be brought to your attention.
- Temporarily unavailable, we will notify you thereof as well as the anticipated delay in delivery and, unless you agree to wait for such longer period for delivery, or accept delivery of another product instead, Njom Njoms will issue a credit to an amount equal to the price paid for the product (plus any additional charges applied).
- Discontinued / Permanently unavailable we will notify you and, unless you agree to accept another product instead, Njom Njoms will issue a credit to an amount equal to the price paid for the product (plus any additional charges applied).
Delivery fees will not be refunded if the unavailable item(s) are part of an order which included items that will still be delivered.
3. Delivery Times
MONDAYS – FRIDAYS: 08h00-17h00
Njom Njoms relies on the service provided by our courier partner. Delivery times may vary based on services available by the courier and circumstances experienced by the drivers. Delivery times are subject to change based on changes made by our courier partner on their service offerings.
4. Late Deliveries
The Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (“ECT Act”) entitles you to cancel your purchase within 7 days’ notice if the products you have purchased are not delivered within the agreed delivery period as specified in the Delivery Policy. Certain items for sale on the website do have a lead time for delivery published on the product detail pages and need to be taken into account as part of our delivery policy. Should you choose to cancel an order which has not been received within our delivery times, items either need to be:
- not accepted and returned with the courier upon delivery; or
- if already received, returned to Njom Njoms in their original state.
All order cancellations must be done via emailing email@example.com. We will then refund you as per our refund policy.
Things do happen that are outside of our control, so, even for main centre deliveries please always allow up to 72 hours (3 working days) for your delivery to reach you.
Should you not have received your order within 10 working days of dispatch, please get in touch with us and advise us of the details of the order that has not been delivered and we will prioritise the follow up on the delivery with our courier company and advise you of its status.
Returns and Refund Policy
Criteria for returning an item:
- The return must be logged within 7 days of the item being bought or delivered, whichever is later.
- You must be able to provide proof of purchase
- The item must be in a re-sellable condition except in the case of damaged or faulty items.
- The item must qualify as an item that can be returned. See non-returnable items below.
- The item must be in its original packaging.
- Items explicitly marked as non-returnable.
The Returns Process
1. Contact Us
If on receiving your order you are not absolutely happy with your purchase or we have delivered the wrong product or a faulty product, please email or WhatsApp us immediately.
2. Return the Item(s)
We pride ourselves on our attention to detail but sometimes we get things wrong. If we have delivered an incorrect, faulty or expired item to you, we will arrange to collect and replace or refund the item, at our cost, as quickly as possible.
If you are wanting to return an item because it is unpalatable to your pet, doesn’t fit your pet or you have changed your mind and don’t want it any more, you will need to arrange to return the item, at your own cost, to our workshop in Randburg, Gauteng.
We reserve the right to charge a 25% administration fee for returned orders should the returns process incur significant administration expenses.
3. Receive a Replacement or Refund
If the return is due to an error on our part, we will replace the item or process a refund (where available*) as quickly as possible after receiving the returned product. A refund will typically take a maximum of 10 working days from the date of receiving your returned item, and we will notify you by email when the refund has been processed.
*Any orders paid for by EFT cannot be refunded into your bank account as a result of fraud risk. Instead, a store credited will be offered for the amount of the refund value.
4. Repairing an Item
If your product is out of its warranty period, you will incur shipping and repair costs. There will be a minimum fee of R150 to collect and return it to you. The amount you pay will be based on your collection and delivery location. If the product is still under warranty, the collection and return costs will be on us.
Any repairs not covered by warranty will be quoted on for your approval, and we will require payment before any work is done.
There is no such thing as “perfect security”. We have to balance between increased levels of security and the convenience to you in transacting with us.
2. Our security responsibilities
We will ensure that:
- We host our website in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders.
- The information you give to us that is stored on or passes through our systems is protected. Encryption is used to protect the personal information you give us. This includes using your credit card on our website (see below).
- The links from our systems to systems under the control of third parties (for example our payment gateway) are secure.
- We perform regular backups of data to ensure it can be recovered in the case of a disaster.
- We log all access to our system. If any unauthorised behaviour should occur, this will assist us in identifying and resolving the issue.
- We take reasonable steps to secure your payment information and use a payment system that is sufficiently secure with reference to accepted technological standards at the time of the transaction and the type of the transaction concerned.
3. Our security disclaimers
Please note the following:
- The third parties whose systems we link to are responsible for the security of information while it is collected by, stored on, or passing through the systems under their control.
- We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that our website and your information is not compromised. However, we cannot guarantee that no harmful code will enter our website (for example viruses, bugs, trojan horses, spyware or adware). You should be aware of the risks associated with using websites (addressed below).
- If you experience a problem or loss that is caused by information you provided to us, your computer being compromised in some way or by something beyond our control, we cannot take responsibility for causing the problem. We will, however, do our best to help you if we can.
4. Your security responsibilities
4.1 Recommended steps
- Install and activate appropriate security software on your computer. This should include anti-virus, anti-spyware and anti-spam software.
- Run regular scans of your computer for viruses.
- Update your security software to ensure you are always running the current version.
4.2 Additional steps
Other steps you should take to help protect your computer include:
- Check your Internet browser’s security settings for ways to make your browsing more secure.
- Make sure that you have entered secure pages when filling in your credit card details. Look for a small yellow lock commonly seen at the bottom right of your browser and http changes to https on the address bar.
- Sign out after you have transacted electronically.
5. Protecting your password
- Never share your password with anyone.
- Never send your password via email.
- Make your password as strong as possible.
6. Credit card information
6.1 Safe and secure
Transacting with us electronically (including transacting and using your credit card on our website) is safe and secure. It is much the same as transacting in person face-to-face.
6.2 Payment processing
We do not get involved in any credit card transactions directly. All credit card transactions are handled or acquired for us via our payment gateway who are the approved payment gateway for our bankers. No credit card details are stored on our website. Our payment gateway uses the strictest form of encryption.
6.3 Secure URL
Our entire site is secured using an SSL certificate. The padlock in the address bar of the site is indicative of a secure internet connection.
7.1 Secure URL
You must only log in to your account from a page that contains our ordinary domain name in the URL.
7.2 No confirmation through links
We will never ask you to confirm your username and password or other sensitive information by clicking on any links in an email other than the email link we send you at registration to verify your email address. Be aware of “phishing” attacks where criminals attempt to obtain your sensitive information by sending you an email masquerading as an email from us, asking you to access your account or verify information via links in the email, or diverting you to a fake version of our website. Please report any suspected phishing attacks to us immediately to prevent any harm to you or other users.
8. Contact us
Please report any suspicious or unauthorised activity relating to your use of our website to us directly, because it will help make our website as secure as we can.
9. Our right to take action
We reserve the right to take whatever action we may deem necessary at any time to preserve the security and reliable operation of our system. You undertake not do (or permit anything to be done) that may compromise the system under our control.